Of course, the fuel that feeds the engine of the majority of what we do is money. There is no getting away from it... we need your money...well some of it anyway, It is very important to us that the link between any donation and support directly to a Person living with Parkinsons is as short as possible and that the percentage of our income that is spent on administration is a small as we can make it.
There are many ways in which funds can be raised for Parkinson's EQUIP. Here are a few examples to help you get started:
- Donations. Many people have given a one-off donation to the charity since hearing about its purpose. You can make a donation here. (link to a Virgin Money Giving/credit card module directing donations to our bank account please)
- Others have taken out standing orders, donating an amount of money every month or every quarter. If you would like to do something like that, please contact Debra Long (????????)
- Debra Long, our treasurer organised a beauty therapy sessions at her home. The proceeds will be donated to the charity.
- When her daughter Helen got married and she and her new husband made a donation to the charity and gave guests at the wedding little reminders of the charity from which we hoped we might receive even more. (See picture on the left)
- Sponsored activities. Our two most recent sponsored activities have included a young couple Steve and Kate Clayton walking up the three highest peaks in Yorkshire in under 12 hours.
- Tom Davenport, one of the trustees is walking around the coastline of Britainin by means of a fortnightly walk each year, carrying on from where he left off last time. Anybody wanting to sponsor Tom should take a look here.
- Sales of poetry book. Our chairman, Ray Wegrzyn, along with others has produced a high-quality book of verse and art about living with Parkinson's and all the proceeds from sales of this go to the charity. See the dedicated section of the website for more information and details on how to buy your own copy. Listen to Ray reading some of the poems here.
- There are other ways of raising funds and having fun at the same time. Let us know about your event. Send us some pictures. Find us onVirgin Money Giving.
- We receive money from a variety of sources. Debra Long, our treasurer spent some of time analysing the proportions from the different sources. Click on the funding source doc for further detail.